Created: May 20th, 2022
Hey, guys! Today we’re going to show you how easy it is to install SuperATV’s Workmaster Rear Bumper on a Honda Pioneer 1000-5 in just 8 steps. Let’s get started.
1) The first thing you should do is remove the bumper from the packaging and test it for fit. Check that the clamps fit the bar properly. Then slide the bumper into position and verify that it aligns correctly. Go ahead and keep it there to start installing it.
2) Take the back side of the clamp again and line it up with the arm on the left side of the bumper. Take your M6 hardware and thread it through the holes, and finger-tighten it to hold it in place. Repeat those steps with the next arm and clamp.
At this point, the bumper should loosely hang. Now you’re going to install the other two bolts.
3) Next, take the bracket out of the kit. Slide it onto the rectangular channel on the frame. Grab the bumper with one hand and lift it up to align the bracket with the bumper.
4) Once you have it aligned, take a paint marker and mark through the holes on the bracket onto the frame. After you’ve done that, you’ll use a drill to make the holes through both sides.
5) Now that the holes are drilled, slide the bracket back in place. Start a bolt through the hole, but not all the way, to hold it in place. Then realign the bumper with the bracket and slide the bolt the rest of the way through, then the second bolt.
6) On the back side of the bolts, add the nuts to the bolts and finger-tighten them to hold them in place. Repeat this process on the other side of the bumper.
7) Once you’ve installed all four bolts, you can fully tighten the hardware on the brackets. Then place the last four bolts in the bottom of the clamps and fully tighten them as well.
8) Next, take your stops and install the washers to them. Slide them through the holes on the bumper. On the back of the bolt, install a lock washer and then a nut. Then take a 13mm wrench and fully tighten them. After that, repeat those exact steps for the opposite side.
Once all the hardware is fully tightened, you’re done! That’s all there is to install our Workmaster Rear Bumper on a Honda Pioneer 1000-5. Make sure you check out the rest of our awesome upgrades for your Pioneer. See you on the trail!
Rock Crawling in a UTV: Everything You Need to Know
Ride, Eat, Repeat—Places to Eat Near North Carolina Ride Parks
8 Things to Upgrade on Your CFMOTO
How to Install a Front Bumper on a Polaris RZR Trail S 1000
How to Install a Rear Windshield on a Polaris RZR Pro XP
How to Install Low Profile Fender Flares on a Honda Talon 1000