Our next stop is Illinois! This is the place where Walt Disney and Robin Williams were born, John Deere started his company, and the tallest man who ever lived grew up (8ft. 11in.). You can visit places where these famous people walked, try Chicago’s famous deep dish pizza, and see the never-ending farmland. But you’re really here to unearth the hidden gems Illinois holds for off-roaders.
This state has many riding spots—some well known, others overlooked—that can give any casual rider a great time. There aren’t too many advanced trails in Illinois, so if you enjoy easy, scenic riding, this is the place for you. This state doesn’t have any public trails, so the places listed are technically off-road parks. You can taste all types of terrain from the UTV and ATV trails in Illinois—there’s dirt, mud, water crossings, jumps, and endless trees.
NOTE: Park details and prices reflect what was current as of August 2021.
The Prairie State is named because of how flat the land is, even though it still offers multiple riding styles. From mud to rocks, you couldn’t ask for a more unique riding environment. Plus, the riding spots here are perfect for families to enjoy riding together.
There might not be any traditional UTV and ATV trails in Illinois, but the state has great parks that let you get into Mother Nature. In any case, Illinois is working on expanding their UTV and ATV footprint with the Off-Highway Vehicle Grant Program. This program gives organizations the funds to maintain or develop OHV trails and parks.
It could be an exciting challenge to ride in all 50 states, or you can stick to the best trails within the US. Either way, tell us about your favorite Illinois riding spots in the comments below. We love hearing about your awesome adventures.
The Best ATV/UTV Anti-Theft Devices for When You Step Away
Creek Riding Could Be Illegal—This Is What We Know
The Top 11 UTV and ATV Trails in North Carolina
How to Install Billet Tie Rods on a Polaris RZR PRO XP
The Top 12 UTV and ATV Trails in Florida
The UTV Lights Breakdown—Cube vs. Bar vs. Whip
Awesome. Shared with my nephews
Despite of above I have my personals thoughts:
Here are the top 9 UTV and ATV Best Off Road Driving Trails in Illinois, ranked in order of popularity:
1. Little Egypt Off Road: Located in Southern Illinois, this park offers over 1,000 acres of trails for all types of vehicles.
2. The Cliffs Insane Terrain Off-Road Park: Located in Marseilles, this park offers over 300 acres of trails with a variety of terrain, including rock crawls and mud pits.
3. The Badlands Off-Road Park: Located in Attica, Indiana (just over the Illinois border), this park offers over 800 acres of trails for all skill levels.
4. Fox Valley Off Road: Located in Ottawa, this park offers over 30 miles of trails with a mix of terrain.
5. Lincoln Trail Motorsports: Located in Casey, this park offers over 100 acres of trails with a mix of terrain.
6. South Fork Dirt Riders: Located in Taylorville, this park offers over 100 acres of trails with a mix of terrain.
7. Sunset Ridge MX Park: Located in Walnut, this park offers over 20 miles of trails with a mix of terrain.
8. Matthews Family Farm: Located in Athens, this park offers over 100 acres of trails with a mix of terrain.
9. Mid America Motorplex: Located in Pacific Junction, Iowa (just over the Illinois border), this park offers over 400 acres of trails for all types of vehicles.
The best of all of these UTV and ATV trails in Illinois is subjective and depends on personal preference. However, Little Egypt Off Road is the most popular and largest park, offering a wide range of trails for all skill levels.